Sunday, January 4, 2009

Celebrating with Melanie

My fellow Paper Craft Planet design team member Melanie is having a huge "blogaversary" celebration with fun, games, and prizes, too. This weekend I got my first Melanie sets from Gina K Designs and tried out one of them for Mel's challenge to create a card with the sentiment as the centerpiece.

I used one of the sentiments from her new Hand-in-hand set as the focal image on my card. I stamped the sentiment in black ink, then stamped the hand image over it in softer gray ink. I used the Nestabilities Labels 1 die to cut out the sentiment. I cut a mat for the sentiment from a larger label die. It was a little larger mat than I wanted, so I carefully trimmed it down, following the shape of the die. Not perfect, but close enough!

I used a piece of Basic Grey's Urban Prairie designer paper to create a panel for the cardfront. I used my sewing machine to stitch a strip of Blue Bayou paper to one side of the panel, then attached it to the cardfront. I layered on the sentiment panel, then attached a pair of coordinating Prima flowers to the card. So pretty!

Materials Used:
Hand-in-hand stamp set (Melanie Muenchinger for Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black and London Fog inks (Memento); Real Red, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); Labels 1 die (Nestabilities); flowers (Prima); rhinestone brad (Target); patterned paper (Basic Grey's Urban Prairis); sewing machine

13 comments:

  1. sweet, Lori!! I love these colors together!! :) we're adding you to our blog hop tongight,thansk so much for playing with my stamps! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card! love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh this is just gorgeous!!! I love the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love those colors, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you stamped the hand in hand image behind the sentiment, Lori! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darlin' card! The colors are beautiful together and the sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, Lori! I love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love this color combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card Lori! A very pretty colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card to give to a friend. I love the paper! Great way you matched it with the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colors and so vibrant! The flowers and sentiment are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love this card. Can't believe you did hand trimming!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips