Sunday, March 8, 2009

Easter Bunnies and Eggs

My new DoodleFactory Easter set from Starving Artistamps arrived in my mailbox a few days ago. It's full of bunny images and I love bunnies, so I've been looking forward to inking it up.

I did this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. It's based on this card. I changed the card from a square to a standard sized card, which required a few changes to the proportions of the layout. I kept with the spring theme of the original card, but I replaced the ducklings in the eggshell with a bunny in an eggshell. The bunny (named Georgie) and the eggshell are colored with Copic markers and layered on a scalloped oval.

I also added a sentiment to my version. I found some houndstooth paper in celery and cream for the panel on the cardfront and stamped the "Where's the chocolate?" sentiment directly on the patterned paper in slightly darker olive ink. Instead of a single large brad, I added some green dome embellishments to the top and bottom left side of the card.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Easter set and Easter Sentiments (Starving Artistamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (Memory Box Sugar Collection); Old Olive Classic ink, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); green dome embellishments, green dotted grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

And, while I had the set out, I made a second card using two of the small egg images. The 3x3 grid from Taylor's sketch challenge was perfect to showcase these images. Since the eggs were a tight fit on 1" squares, I ended up attaching them to the blue squares with a dimensional. I arranged the squares on a yellow panel before attaching them to the cardfront.

The cardfront is covered with a panel of patterned paper that's covered with oval shapes, similar to the shape and color of the egg images. I stamped the "Happy Easter" sentiment in blue ink on a pink label cutout, then punched holes in both ends of the label. I put a blue rhinestone brad through each end and secured a piece of blue grosgrain ribbon underneath the label. The ends of the ribbon are wrapped around the patterned paper panel.

I'll be back tomorrow morning with another card using the DoodleFactory Easter set . . .

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Easter set and Easter Sentiments (Starving Artistamps); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Bashful Blue Classic ink, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Labels Trio die (Nestabilities); blue rhinestone brads (Making Memories); patterned paper (Memory Box Layette Collection)

4 comments:

  1. Super cute cards. Lori! I love that bunny from the doodle factory! So fun!

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo gonna case this as soon as my set arrives :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Lori! Love the soft & pretty colours! xx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips