Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Love You

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge, featuring one of the cute Pure Innocence images from My Favorite Things. This one's called Heart Stripes.

I stamped the little girl on white cardstock and colored her with Copic markers. I added a little bit of Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles on the hearts on her outfit and in her hair for just a bit of sparkle. There was just enough room on the side of the image to squeeze in the "love you" sentiment in a pop of red.

The image is paired with some sparkly heart patterned paper from a DCWV stack. I cut the paper into strips to go across the card and layered it on red mats to help it stand out from the soft pink background. A piece of red grosgrain ribbon, embellished with a piece of knotted ribbon at the top, runs the length of the card, beneath the image panel.

I'm off to watch some college basketball, finish laundry, and unearth my suitcase. With my recent mouse issues, I'm a little nervous about what I might encounter while doing that last task . . .

Materials Used:
Heart Stripes stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Pink Pirouette and Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Madly in Love Stack-DCWV)red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips