Monday, July 19, 2010

Go With the Flow

Starving Artistamps has just released some new, perfect for summertime beach images, Juniper and Jupiter Go to the Beach. I used one of the sailboat images for one of SCS's Dare to Get Dirty challenges. This one was a sketch and my image was a bit larger than the intended size of the image panel, but I think I got it to work out in the end.

I stamped and colored the image twice so that I could cut out one pair of sails to attach to the other image panel using foam tape for a dimensional look. I picked a blue and red color scheme to coordinate with the blues I used for the cardfront.

I found a wave patterned paper in my paper collection and used that for the panel behind my image. The sentiment is from the Tropics Sentiment 1 set. I stamped it in red for contrast and added a red button, tied with some red ribbon, as an accent.

Materials Used:
Juniper and Jupiter Go to the Beach set (sailboat image) and Tropics Sentiment Set 1 (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Crumb Cake, Blue Bayou and Baja Breeze cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Nestabilities); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); button; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips