Saturday, October 9, 2010

Haunt Someone You Love

Here’s my card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch challenge. It features another one of the new DoodleFactory Ghoulies images from Starving Artistamps. These images make such fun Halloween cards!

I stamped Hugo on a white panel and colored him with Copic markers. After I finished coloring, I masked the image with a sticky note and used my airbrush tool to fill in a night sky around him. The mask has since disappeared, yet another victim of the combination of Chloe the cutie puppy’s curiosity and counter surfing . . .

I used my Drippy Goo punch to cut the bottom edges of both a patterned paper and coordinating solid cardstock panel. The image is set on these and a piece of orange satin ribbon is wrapped around the panel, just at the bottom of the image. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of avocado cardstock and slid it underneath the ribbon.

When I saw the sketch’s circle element, I immediately thought I could use it as the moon in a spooky scene, so that’s just what I did. I embossed the yellow circle with a dot pattern, then spritzed on some shimmer spray. My spritzer was a little clogged, then sort of exploded, so the moon’s a little more shimmery and splotchy than I would have liked, but the idea still worked.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Ghoulies and Grave Yard sentiments stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Frost Shimmer Spray (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Elegant Eggplant and Crushed Curry cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Ripe Avocado cardstock, Orange Zest satin ribbon, Orange Zest button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Happy Halloween designer paper (Echo Park); circle punch (EK Success); Drippy Goo punch (Martha Stewart); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips