Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm Your Biggest Fan

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club challenge. The theme for this week’s challenge was "playing dress up." At first, I thought about going with something Halloween, but in the end, I went with this Pure Innocence cutie cheerleader for my card.

The cheerleader is stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I stamped the pom pom on a little scrap, colored it and cut it out, then attached it to the cheerleader’s hand with foam tape. I used the Perfect Bracket Edge Die-namics die to cut a fancy edged panel for the sentiment. The top of the cardfront is covered with a panel of Crate Paper’s Reconstruction designer paper. I matched my little cheerleader’s outfit colors to the paper’s color scheme. A strip of coordinating satin ribbon, embellished with a bow, runs along the top of the paper panel.

This card is heading off in the mail as part of Carolyn King's Heart to Heart card drive. It will be sent to a caretaker of an Alzheimer's patient as a small token of appreciation for their work. You can find all the information about the card drive and the generous blog candy that will be awarded to one participant here. My card is already addressed and ready to go and I'll be dropping it off in the mailbox first thing in the morning during my walk with Chloe the cutie puppy.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Cheerleader stamp set, Perfect Bracket Edge Die-namics die (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Marina Mist cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock, Harvest Gold satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Restoration designer paper (Crate Paper); Bow Easy; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Adorable---the perfect card for a caregiver--love that you used the cheerleader! Sooo sweet!

    Thanks for playing along Lori!!! Hugs-Cammie

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips