Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thanks for the Lift

My card for this week’s Mojo Monday sketch came together pretty quickly. After I got past the pair of triangle shaped banner-y panels and got an idea in mind, I was done in no time at all.

I made the sketch’s circle panel a small sky backdrop for a hot air balloon. I used the large balloon from Papertrey Ink’s Up, Up, & Away set, choosing one of the solid images to stamp for the top of the balloon to keep things quick. The balloon’s set over a white felt cloud.

I picked a slightly distressed looking striped pattern for the large panel that sits across the cardfront. After machine stitching around its edges, I added a pair of triangle-shaped banner pieces at opposite corners, embossing the top layer of each banner to match the circle panel. A pair of notch-ended banner strips was attached at the bottom of the striped panel before setting it on a light green panel. I stamped the set’s “thanks for the lift” sentiment underneath the striped panel in turquoise chalk ink to complete the cheerful thank you card.

Materials Used:
Up, Up, & Away stamp set, Spring Moss, Hawaiian Shores, and Kraft cardstock, Up, Up, & Away, Banner Builder Collection, Double-ended Banner, and Clouds 1 & 2 dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Rich Cocoa and Lady Bug inks (Tsukineko); Seafoam chalk ink (Recollections); 100 Days of Summer-100% Summer Fun designer paper (Simple Stories); circle dies (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); white felt; foam tape; sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. What a happy card Lori~loving the polka dot balloon and fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what to think of this Mojo Sketch, but your card is darling. I'll give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card....I am new to sketch challenges and stuck to the sketch to much:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips