Thursday, July 12, 2012

Earthy Miss You

Here's my card for this week's Waltzingmouse sketch challenge.  I went simple and earthy on this one, even though there are a lot of layers.

I used the Teeny Trees set to make a simple scene with border punched grass and a dot embossed tree top.  The pieces are set on a blue panel with a fluffy white felt cloud accent.  The set's "miss you" sentiment is stamped directly on the panel next to the tree.

I used a piece of patterned paper with a kraft background for the large panel behind the scene.  Both panels are matted with kraft cardstock, then layered on an olive green panel.  Another kraft strip, this one covered with a scrap of dark brown grosgrain ribbon, is slipped between them.  And, to finish the earthy look, the panel is set on a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Teeny Trees stamp set (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Baja Breeze, Old Olive, and Crumb Cake cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Chilled Strawberry Soup-Cup Sour Cream designer paper (Jillibean Soup); CutUps Cloud Border die (The Cat's Pajamas); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); white felt; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card...makes me feel like I should be outside having a picnic under the trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! Your card is so fresh. I love all the little detials like th eembossed tree, and all those yummy layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the CAS design and sweet tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card and I love the texture on the treetop!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips