Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cooking up a Card with Clear and Simple Stamps

With the holidays coming up soon, lots of people have big plans for whipping up fabulous baked goodies created from recipes, whether they be tried and true or brand new. While I’m not included in that bunch gearing up for holiday baking, I do have a recipe to share with you today. Today, the Clear and Simple Stamps design team is using a recipe to cook up some cards for you.

Here’s the recipe we were given to follow:
1 button
1 image
2 dies/die cuts
1 sentiment

I squeezed that all in on this clean and simple design. I started with a card base made from the new My Style Blueprint cardstock (love this color!). I die cut a cloud from white felt using the Clouds Combo die and adhered it to the card base with some Simple Adhesive. For the second die cut element, I die cut a heart from I’m a Princess Pink using the Shapes: Hearts die. I stamped the matching woodgrain heart image from the Hearts Plus on the die cut piece in darker Paint the Town Pink ink, then added a single button before attaching the heart to the cloud. The “I am on cloud 9 with you” sentiment from the Cloudy Days Sentiments set is stamped under the cloud in My Style Blueprint ink.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the CSS designers have created with this recipe—I’m looking forward to seeing all of the variations! Here’s where to find them:
Lori Tecler-you’re here!
Jaclyn Miller
Kim Duran
Tracy Schultz
Dana Grothaus
Laurie Willison
Jennifer Rzasa
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
Hearts Plus and Cloudy Days Sentiments stamp sets, Paint the Town Pink and My Style Blueprint inks, I'm a Princess Pink and My Style Blueprint cardstock, Clouds Combo and Shapes: Hearts dies, white felt, button, Simple Adhesive (Clear and Simple Stamps); white gel pen (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. So sweet and simple! And I love that we have similar elements on our cards- great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lori! I love the color combo and that felt cloud.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips