Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January IHP DT Challenge--Simply Amazing


For this month's i {heart} papers design team challenge, we were challenged to create a project based on this super sweet inspiration photo featuring a yummy looking cupcake.  I resisted using the cupcake shape as inspiration for my project and instead based my project on the colors in the photo. I made a clean and simple card using two WPlus9 stamp sets.

I stamped one of the little single pennant flags from the Banner Love set three times at the upper left corner of a white panel, using a different shade of ink each time, to create a banner. In a nod to the sprinkles on the cupcake in the inspiration photo, I dotted the banner with some round pink crystals. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Quite Like You set at the bottom of the panel in a soft gray ink.

Once I’d finished stamping, I layered the stamped panel on a gray mat. I added a pair of ribbon strips with the ends cut on an angle to the bottom of the panel, just under the sentiment. A pink button, tied with gray baker’s twine, sits over the ribbon. The panel is set on a light gray card base. The different shades of gray along with the white made this one hard to photograph well, but it’s so pretty IRL!

For more projects based on the inspiration photo, don't miss what the rest of the IHP DT created for this month's challenge. Here’s where to find them:

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: WPlus9 Banner Love and Quite Like You stamp sets, Tsukineko Memento London Fog, Summer Sky, Lilac Posies, and Dandelion inks, May Arts light blue and yellow faux suede ribbon, KaiserCraft pink rhinestones, Divine Twine gray baker’s twine

other: Smokey Shadow and Soft Stone cardstock (Papertrey Ink); pink button (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. Love it, Lori! That button really makes those colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simple design of your card. At first I was thinking there was a missing banner piece but then I see it's just a very light blue that the photo doesn't quite pick up. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and oh-so-sweet Lori. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo Lori, I LOVE this! So clean and simple!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips