Saturday, February 16, 2013

You're a Big Deal

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I did just a bit of stamping on this clean and simple masculine design.

I used the “you’re a big deal” sentiment from the Big Greetings set as my focal image. It’s stamped in MFT's Sno Cone ink on a cream panel that I layered on a pair of coordinating cardstock panels.  The extra layers do a nice job of setting the sentiment off from the busy arrow patterned paper that covers most of the cardfront.

As accents, I used two arrows, cut with MFT’s Lead the Way Die-namics dies. They’re positioned to be pointing at the sentiment.  I played around with a few different combinations of arrows--there are a bunch in this set of dies!--before settling on these two.

Materials Used:
Big Greetings stamp set, Sno Cone ink, Lead the Way Die-namics dies (My Favorite Things); Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Away We Go 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); oval dies (Spellbinders)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips