Friday, March 1, 2013

Little Star

My new Shining Star stamp set from Verve arrived the other day and I put it to use right away on this sweet baby card. It’s based on sketch 34 from Retro Sketches, which is celebrating a full year of fabulous sketch challenges this week.

I used a neutral color palette of pale green and yellow for my card. I die cut a scallop edged strip from a piece of green plaid patterned paper and adhered that to the left side of my card, edging it with a pale yellow strip. Once the scalloped piece was in place, I stamped the “little star” sentiment on the cardfront in green ink, then used foam tape to adhere a shimmery gold die cut star above the sentiment. I cut apart some crystal flourishes to add a sparkly trail to either side of the star.  So sweet!

Materials Used:
Shining Star stamp set (Verve Stamps); Certainly Celery and Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Jellybean Green ink (My Favorite Things); Picket Fence Tiny Tablet (Lily Bee Design); Shapes: Stars die (Clear and Simple Stamps); medium scallop die (Papertrey Ink); clear crystals (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips