Sunday, April 7, 2013

Shine On

It's been a while since I played along in a challenge at SCS.  Chloe the cutie puppy and I are taking it easy today after yesterday's (very early) morning adventure at the emergency animal hospital, so I had time this afternoon to check out the featured stamper challenge.  This cheery clean and simple design caught my eye, so I recreated my own version using the Shine On stamp set from Market Street Stamps (on sale now at i {heart} papers!).

I stamped the set's sun ray image in the corner of a white cardstock panel in Memento Cantaloupe ink, then sponged on some Squeezed Lemonade and Dried Marigold distressed inks to get a glow-like look around the image. 

The longer sun beams were created by dipping the edge of a clear block in Memento Tangelo ink, then pressing the inked edge onto the paper.  I accented a few of the long beams with gold sequins.  The set's "shine on" sentiment is stamped in the lower right corner of the panel in Tangelo ink.  I attached the finished panel to a Summer Sun card base to match the card's bright, sunny colors.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersMarket Street Stamps Shine On stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Cantaloupe and Tangelo inks, Ranger Squeezed Lemonade distress ink

other:  Summer Sun and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Dried Marigold distress ink (Ranger); gold sequins (Michaels)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips