Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 183-Sock it to Me


It’s time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge! I stretched the sketch a little from its square shape to a standard A2 size, but still managed to include all of the elements.

I used the sock monkey from the Sock it to Me set from The Cat’s Pajamas as the focal image for my card. The monkey’s colored with Copic markers and the sentiment is stamped next to the image in Versafine's Satin Red ink—my favorite kind of ink for a nice, bold sentiment.

I attached the colored sock monkey image to a red dotted panel, then covered the left edge with a strip of kraft cardstock. I edged the kraft strip with a brown dotted scallop border made with TCP’s CutUps Queen of Hearts border die, then added a red grosgrain ribbon strip on top.

To play along, just create a card based on the sketch and link it up on Karen’s blog. For lots of inspiration be sure to check out what the other Sweet Sunday Sketch stampers have created for you this week. Here’s where to find them:

Dana White
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Lynn Put
Melissa Hubert
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
Arielle Gordon, special guest stamper

Materials Used:
Sock it to Me stamp set, CutUps Queen of Hearts Border die (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Satin Red inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); With Love-Be Mine designer paper (Pebbles); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

8 comments:

  1. Fun and fabulous, Lori! I love how you were able to keep this CAS! That sock monkey makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun is this!?! Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY, this is adorable, I love the sock monkey and the "sock it to me" sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sentiment made me giggle. I love the red & kraft together. I love this Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee! I love this sock monkey - how fun is he??? I adore the red sentiment in the corner too - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, it makes me smile just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips