Saturday, April 13, 2013

You Hit it out of the Park

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. A baseball themed card featuring the Pure Innocence Baseball Boy set seemed perfect for the spring season.

My hometown team is the Washington Nationals, so I went with a Nats-inspired color scheme for my card. The baseball player is colored with Copic markers and cut out, then adhered to an oval panel using foam tape.

I found some great patterned paper in my stash that coordinated well with my color scheme and had perfect patterns for a masculine card design—stars and stripes! I used the star patterned side underneath the image panel and the striped patterned side for the large panel that covers most of the cardfront. Since I didn’t have a large scallop edged rectangle die, I had to substitute a regular rectangle shape for it. The striped panel’s wrapped with a strip of light blue twill. I like to use twill instead of ribbon on my masculine cards when I can.

The sentiment is stamped on a notch ended strip I adhered so it extends out from underneath the image.  I cut a pennant strip from red cardstock to stretch across the upper left corner of the cardfront.   The pennant isn't something I'd usually think to add to a card, but it does add a nice, whimsical feel to the design.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Baseball Boy stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Real Red and Night of Navy cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Let Freedom Ring-John Adams patterned paper (Pebbles); oval dies (Spellbinders); pennant banner die (Verve Stamps); light blue twill (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips