Monday, May 20, 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS May Cool Shades Challenge


This week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is a Cool Shades challenge based on the color scheme seen above--red, kraft, navy, and teal.  The color scheme definitely lends itself to a nautical theme, but I went in a completely different direction for my card.

I used the farmer image from the Green Acres set as my focal image.  She (I added pigtails to make her a girl!) is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and cut out, then adhered to a teal panel with dimensional dots.  To fill in the open space, I added a pair of die cut fluffy white felt clouds.  I layered the panel on a kraft card base along with a red and white gingham patterned strip.  That gingham pattern says "country" to me!

The "hay there" sentiment is from the Sentiment Sampler stamp set. I did a little creative stamping, replacing the "e" in "hey there" with the "a" from one of the other sentiments in the set to get the punny sentiment.  I used more dimensional dots to attach it to the card.  To add some texture, I made a little tab from a piece of red twill and slipped it underneath the raised panel.

Be sure to check out the challenge blog for all the details on this week’s challenge. Here are the rest of the team members sharing projects today:

Ashley Marcu
Jessica Davis
Nina Yang
Savannah O'Gwynn

This is my last official post as a member of the SPARKS DT.  I've really enjoyed my time on the team.  Thanks to Kim and to DT coordinator Savannah for having me!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Paper Smooches Green Acres and Sentiment Sampler stamp sets, Crafter's Companion ultrasmooth white cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Love Letter inks, Spectrum Noir markers (CR1, CR8, CR9, CR11, TB3, TB4, TB5, TB7, GB1, GB3, GB4, CT1, EB1, EB2, EB3, EB5, FS1, FS4, FS9), Doodlebug Design Stars and Stripes 6x6 paper pad, Pollika white felt, May Arts red twill, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Real Red, Taken with Teal, and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); CutUps Cloud Border die (The Cat's Pajamas); circle punches (EK Success)

4 comments:

  1. This made me smile! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOOVE how you went in a totally different direction for this color story-- your colors match perfectly! LOVE that little farmer gal:) ADORBS!! Love how you masked your sentiment for the "hay"!! CLEVER- that's one of my favorite techniques:)

    Lori---THANK YOU for sharing all of your creations with us during this term-- it's been a pleasure working with you!!! 7 months went fast!!! I hope you will continue to play with us and keep in touch!!! Love you tons:) <3 Many blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a FUN creation!! I LOVE the design and the way that you used the colors!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, so cute! I love all the other cards too, but this one is different and makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips