Tuesday, July 30, 2013

It's Your Time to Shine


Here’s my card for the current Fusion challenge. I used the layout along with the shimmery metallic seen in the inspiration photo to design my card. I don’t have any realistic beach themed images similar to the ones seen in the inspiration photo, so I switched things up and used a lightbulb in a nod to the illuminated candles in the photo.

I stamped the bulb image from the Mama Elephant Lights Out stamp set on white cardstock, then added a little color with Copic markers. The star filament (I think that’s what the piece at the center of the bulb is called . . . ) was paper pieced with a scrap of gold cardstock. Then, I stamped the bulb outline a second time on an oval panel and added a halo of yellow around it with my markers, sort of like the glow from a lit light bulb, and added the colored image over it with foam tape. The “it’s your time to shine” sentiment was stamped beneath the bulb in black ink.

I adhered a strip of gold cardstock, edged with narrow strips of silver paper, to the center of a white card base. The image panel is adhered over the gold panel. To anchor the light bulb, I ran a piece of twine from the end of the bulb, extending over the top edge of the gold paper.

Materials Used:
Lights Out stamp set (Mama Elephant); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); gold and silver paper (Target); petite oval dies (Spellbinders); white twine (Hemptique); foam tape

7 comments:

  1. FAB shiny FUSION card Lori - LOVE your twine light cord too :)
    So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like the star filament is a nod to the star fish, too! :) Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the shine !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a CUTE take on the sketch, Lori...Love this! Thanks for sharing it with us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great take on the Fusion! love the sunny brightness of your card and that darling lightbulb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you were inspired! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips