Tuesday, October 8, 2013

TCP Tuesday-Wish I Was There


This month's TCP Tuesday challenge is a minimal embellishment challenge.  That's right, we're limiting you to just two embellishments--and no twine, buttons, or gems. I'm pretty comfortable with clean and simple designs, but I do love my buttons and twine, so at first I wasn't sure how this would go.

Here's my first take on the challenge.  It's based on the current Fusion challenge.  I used both the sketch and the inspiration photo to put my card together. 

As soon as I saw the gift-stuffed car in the Fusion inspiration photo, I thought of The Travelin' Man set with its packed and ready for a road trip car.  I colored the image with Copic markers, except for the hub caps, which I filled in with a silver gel pen.  I used a fine tip pen to draw in a line for a road beneath the car.  After coloring the road in, I stamped the "wish I was there" sentiment beneath the image.

I used a combination of pink and gray papers to match the colors in the inspiration photo.  The fun dotted panel that runs across the card adds a whimsical look to the card.  I hand cut the trio of banners that extend from underneath the image panel.  The only embellishments I used were a pair of clouds die cut from shimmery white cardstock using the CutUps Cloud Border die.  They're attached to the top corner of the image panel.

For all the details on this month's challenge and how you can become this month's Swanky Stamper, stop by Alma's blog.  She'll also be showing off some other samples for the challenge.


Materials Used:
Travelin' Man stamp set, Neenah white cardstock, CutUps Cloud Border die (The Cat's Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Cut and Paste-Adorbs 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

15 comments:

  1. I knew you would nail this challenge! Love the pink and gray color combo. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card - great use of color & fun image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Lori. The paper, the coloring, the design really shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooo darling!
    Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulously cute card, Lori !!!
    It really really makes me squeal over the cuteness !!!!!
    You have inspired me w: that layout, too !!! I will prob be using it for an upcoming card -- it's perfect for what I need..., <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I don't think you could get a more perfect fusion of photo and sketch for this challenge! Wonderful, wonderful card, Lori! So glad you joined the Fusion challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you WORKED this image to whipped up bunny perfection! Love it, perfect for this challenge, and a SUPER card, to intentionally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous image & FABULOUS colouring Lori - a perfect FUSION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a nice card!!! You've made that image look so cute and the entire design is perfect for the FUSION inspiration!!! LOVE it, and so happy you were able to join us with this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fabulous, Lori! I love your colouring and that image is the cutest x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is completely adorable Lori. A winner I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous, fun take on the challenge. I so wish I could vote for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS on your FUSION HM Lori :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your fusion HM with my very fave card ever!!! I can't believe it doesn't have a single speck of BG on it --- & I just adore it!!! :)) Well done!! Xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips