Saturday, May 24, 2014

Make a Wish

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. I made a masculine birthday card based on the layout.

Make a Wish card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I took most of my cues from the multicolored striped patterned paper I used for the large panel on the cardfront. After adhering the patterned paper panel to a turquoise card base, I stamped the “make a wish” sentiment from the Birthday Sentiments set on a yellow pierced square die cut panel using orange pigment ink. I attached a kraft fishtail flag strip across the cardfront, just beneath the sentiment, then layered on a pair of coordinating pierced circle die cuts. The circles were topped with a gold star die cut. The star adds a little interest and sparkle, but still works on a masculine design.

Materials Used:
Birthday Sentiments stamp set, Grout Gray, Die-namics Pierced Circle Stax, Pierced Square Stax, and Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Tempting Turquoise, Barely Banana, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); gold paper (Target); Baby Boy-Wild About You designer paper (Bella Blvd.); Fizz ink (Avery Elle); stitched star dies (Lil’ Inker Designs)

1 comment:

  1. Bold and fun! Love those stitched circles and the star!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips