Saturday, September 27, 2014

You Made Me Smile

Here's my card for the last Viva la Verve sketch for September.  I used some multicolored houndstooth patterned paper as the starting point for my design.

You Made Me Smile card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve StampsAfter adding a contrasting red solid paper strip across the houndstooth panel, I matted it on kraft cardstock, then layered it on to a mint panel.  The "you made me smile" sentiment from Verve's Take Note stamp set was stamped on a pierced circle die cut in mint ink, then adhered to the houndstooth panel.  I cut one end of a kraft strip on an angle, then adhered the strip over the layered panel.  The strip was accented with a pair of shiny silver brads.  I layered the finished panel on a cream card base.

Materials Used:
Take Note stamp set (Verve Stamps); Mint to Be ink (Avery Elle); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); Trendsetter 6x6 paper pad (Fancy Pants); Pierced Circle Stax dies (My Favorite Things); silver brads (Joann)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips