Monday, January 19, 2015

Paper Pieced Warm Wishes





Here's my card for this month's AEI♥Uchallenge.  I did a bit of paper piecing on the snowman's scarf on this wintery design.


Warm Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Avery ElleI stamped the snowman from Avery Elle's Be Jolly set on shimmery white cardstock, then used Copic markers to color him in.  After I finished coloring, I used the matching die to cut out the colored image.  The scarf and hat were paper pieced with patterned paper.  I picked a paper with a knit pattern that was perfect for the snowman's winter wear. 

To make a wintery backdrop for the snowman, I embossed a light blue panel with a snowflake pattern.  I rubbed a shimmery white ink pad over the raised flakes to give them a snow-like look.  I die cut a pair of curvy "snowbanks" for the bottom and after I layered them at the bottom of the embossed panel, I added the snowman on top using foam tape.  The set's "warm wishes" sentiment was stamped on a narrow red cardstock strip and adhered to the panel.  I added a few white sequins for more sparkle, then set the finished panel on a navy card base.  I like how the navy frames the scene.

Materials Used:
Be Jolly stamp set, Be Jolly die (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Brilliance Moonlight White ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Real Red, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Wonderland 6x6 paper pad (Studio Calico); Snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Landscape Trio die (Mama Elephant); white sequins; foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Such a great snowy scene! Thanks for joining us at the AEI♥U Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips