Friday, May 8, 2015

You've Got the Write Stuff

It's finally Friday and time to share my final Teacher Appreciation Week card!  This one's based on the current sketch at Retro Sketches.

The Write Stuff card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Papertrey InkIt's been a while since I bought anything from Papertrey Ink (probably well over a year!), but I couldn't resist the school themed things in their last release.  I used the Pencil Me In set and matching dies here. I started off with some fun pencil patterned paper.  After matting it on kraft cardstock, I adhered it to a golden yellow card base. 

I die cut a long fishtail flag strip from red cardstock and wrapped the straight edge with twine, securing it with bow.  The "you've got the write stuff" sentiment was stamped in red pigment ink on a pencil assembled using the Pencil Me In dies.  I attached it to the fishtail flag strip using foam tape for dimension.  I played around with adding a few enamel dots as accents, but couldn't come up with an arrangement I liked, so in the end, I left them off.

Materials Used:
Pencil Me In stamp set, Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, and Sweet Blush cardstock, Pencil Me In dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Luxe Love Letter ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); silver paper (Target); School Daze 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); twine (Hemptique) foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card, Lori! I was a teacher for 27 years and still love anything related to school! How fun! XX

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips