Saturday, October 31, 2015

From Our House to Yours

Here's my card for October's last Viva la Verve sketch--even before the month ends!  I used the sketch to make a holiday card to add to the pile that I'll be sending off to the Caring Hearts card drive.

From Our House to Yours card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve Stamps
I used a traditional Christmas color scheme for my card, layering an olive panel with a red ribbon strip on to a cream card base.  The panel was topped with a piece of patterned paper from an older Basic Grey holiday line.  I stamped the "from our house to yours" sentiment from Verve's Holiday Treats set in red pigment ink on a cream circle, then matted the panel on a red circle before adding it to the card.  I found a pair of white snowflake brads in my stash and added them to the card. They looked kind of lost, so I stuck a sparkly crystal to the center of each flake to help them stand out.

Materials Used:
Holiday Treats stamp set (Verve Stamps); Memento Luxe Love Letter ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red, Old Olive, and Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Alpine Frost designer paper (Basic Grey); circle dies (Spellbinders); Recollections snowflake brads, red grosgrain ribbon, clear crystals (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun card, Lori! I think I'll have to dig out my snowflake brads from years gone by and give them a go again. :) Thanks for playing along with VLV!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips