Friday, October 23, 2015

Stay Tuned

My dad is celebrating his birthday today, so I needed a card to give to him for the occasion.  I thought he'd enjoy this fun retro television die cut from My Favorite Things.  It was a perfect fit for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches

Stay Tuned card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I die cut the television frame from black and gray cardstock, then slipped a piece of acetate between the pieces to give the screen a glass-like look.  My "test pattern" is made from a scrap of multicolored striped paper adhered to the back of the die cut.  The TV was finished off with the antenna that I cut from metal-like silver paper. 

The assembled TV was adhered to a blue stitched edge die cut rectangle.  I used foam tape for dimension so that the TV was set off from the panel.  The sentiment from the coordinating Stay Tuned set was stamped directly underneath the TV.  I added a few black enamel dots as accents, then adhered the panel to an olive card base.  The set's "happy birthday" sentiment was stamped inside.

Materials Used:
Stay Tuned stamp set, Steel Gray cardstock, Die-Namics Television and Blueprints 24 dies (My Favorite Things); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lake House cardstock (WPlus9); Old Olive and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); Scoot 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); black enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); acetate; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I just love your card. It's beautiful and funny. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card!! I love this TV and great sentiment!! Great colors!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips