Saturday, November 21, 2015

Happy Holidays

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I made another holiday card in a non-traditional color scheme.  I went with more blues and silver again.  This time, my blues came from Clear and Simple Stamps.  Their selection of blue cardstock colors is fabulous!

Happy Holidays card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
I started the card with a My Favorite Blue Jeans card base.  To add some shimmer and shine, I adhered a dot embossed Sterling Silver cardstock strip across the bottom of the card base.  The Trendsetter Blue image panel was covered with a trio of silver snowflakes cut with the Flurries die set.  Each flurry was adhered with foam tape, then dotted at the center with a large clear crystal.  The bottom of the panel was stamped with the "happy holidays" sentiment stamp from the Duly Noted set.  I used blue pigment ink and my MISTI to get a good impression from this solid stamp.  After matting the panel on contrasting True Blue Fan cardstock, I adhered it to the card base.

Materials Used:
Duly Noted stamp set, Trendsetter Blue, True Blue Fan, My Favorite Blue Jeans, and Sterling Silver cardstock, Flurries dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Memento Luxe Bahama Blue ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); clear crystals

3 comments:

  1. I love the bright blues and the pretty snowflakes on this. Beautiful card, Lori! Thanks for joining us again at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch Lori and I love those big, sparkly snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty this is. The colors are lovely and the snowflakes are great. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips