Monday, November 9, 2015

Mojo Monday 423-Friends Keep Your Heart Warm

Friends Keep Your Heart Warm card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.   I put together something that's wintery but still warm (if that's possible!) using stamps from My Favorite Things.

I stamped the "friends keep your heart warm" in kraft pigment ink on a cream circle.  The circle was matted on olive cardstock, then adhered to a kraft square.  I layered the square over a green knit patterned paper panel topped with an olive fishtail flag strip and a lighter green rectangle.  The shades of green are all slightly different, but they still seemed to work together.   I placed the patterned paper panel on to a coordinating olive green card base.

To accent the sentiment, I die cut a pair of mittens from cream cardstock.  I die cut a second slightly smaller pair of mittens from pale green cardstock, then stamped the knit pattern on to the mittens using olive green pigment ink.  After I layered the die cut pieces, the mittens were adhered to the cardfront using foam tape.  For a whimsical touch, I attached a piece of twine to the backs of the mittens, tying them together.

Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for more inspiration from the design team and to add your own take on this week's sketch!  You can also find all of the Mojo Makers at their blogs here:


Materials Used:
Winter Warmth and Hug in a Mug stamp sets, Die-namics Winter Warmth, Warm and Fuzzy, and Fishtail Flag Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Toffee Crunch and Olive Grove inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Old Olive cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Moss cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kraft cardstock (WPlus9); Wonderland 6x6 paper pad (Studio Calico); circle dies (Spellbinders); twine (Hemptique); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips