Friday, November 20, 2015

You're Brilliant

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I went bright and cheery with the Watt's Up stamp set and coordinating Lightbulb die.

You're Brilliant card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I covered a pale gray card base with some yellow dotted paper, then topped the patterned paper with a pierced rectangle die cut.  The "you're brilliant" sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the panel in black pigment ink. 

The lightbulb was die cut from a bunch of paper scraps.  To get a frosted look, I topped the pieces with a vellum bulb die cut. The vellum softens the yellow bulb and makes it look like it's glowing.  I used foam tape to adhere it at the top of the sentiment panel.  A strip of silver foil tape along the top of the panel anchors it to the cardfront. It doesn't look like silver in the photo, but I promise it is!

Materials Used:
Watt's Up stamp set, Grout Gray cardstock, Die-namics Lightbulb and Pierced Rectangle Stax dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Yoyo Yellow cardstock, white vellum (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); Coconut Lime Soup-Straw Mushrooms designer paper (Jillibean Soup); silver tape (Hobby Lobby); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips