Sunday, February 19, 2017

You're Killer

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I just love the fun Whale Hello set from Avery Elle and it worked perfectly with the sketch!

You're Killer card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Avery Elle
I colored in the set's killer whale image using Copic markers, then cut out the colored image using the matching die.  To make a background for the image, I used a wave border punch on a long strip of turquoise cardstock.  The wavy strip was layered over a piece of blue dott4ed washi tape.  I added the whale on top using foam tape for dimension.  The "you're a killer" sentiment was stamped on the wavy strip in black ink.  I just wish this set had a "whale hello" sentiment in it . . .

Materials Used:
Whale Hello stamp set, Whale Hello dies (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Sno Cone cardstock (My Favorite Things); Tempting Turquoise cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Boundary Waters border punch (Fiskars); blue dotted washi tape (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love that wave border and the pretty combination of blues. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just perfect for the sketch! Such a fun card, Lori. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips