Monday, April 24, 2017

Mojo Monday 494-Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-digi stamps from Verve Stamps

Happy Monday!  It's time for a new Mojo Monday sketch.  I used the Rise and Shine digi set that Julee shared earlier this month in the Verve shop for my very appropriate for Monday design.  It's even more appropriate for me than usual since I'm heading back to work (part time) today after a little over a two week break due to medical leave.  I'm pretty sure it's going to take me a few days to adjust to going to work again!

I used one of the set's mug images along with the "rise and shine sentiment" to put together my card. The colored mug image was hand cut, then placed on a yellow pierced circle die cut using foam tape.  To tie the image and sentiment together, I used a pierced square die to cut out the text.  The pieces were arranged on a pale blue card base over a vibrant striped rectangular panel.  Each piece was matted on yellow for a cohesive look.  I cut one more pierced piece--a long fishtail flag--from yellow cardstock.  After cutting it in half, I tucked the pieces underneath the top and bottom edges of the striped rectangular panel to finish the card.

Head on over to the Mojo Monday blog for more inspiration from the design team and to add your own take on this week's sketch!  You can also find all of the Mojo Makers at their blogs here:
Materials Used:
Rise and Shine digi stamps (Verve Stamps); markers (Copic) Sno Cone cardstock, Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX, Pierced Square STAX, and Pierced Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sunny Days Ahead 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Cute encouraging card for a Monday morning! Trying to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful happy, bright and great coffee card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips