Saturday, December 16, 2017

I Thank My Lucky Stars for You

The current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is to use the emboss resist technique. I "resisted" the urge to make a seasonal snowy scene and instead, went with a star themed design.

Lucky Stars card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
My stars are from Lawn Fawn's Starry Backdrops stamp set.  I stamped the star background image in white pigment ink on a white panel, then heat embossed the stars in white.  I used ink applicators to apply a rainbow array of distress inks across the embossed panel, then wiped away the ink over the embossing to make the stars pop. 

The rainbow panel was adhered to a card base.  To go with the rainbow, I covered the rest of the card base with pale blue cardstock panels.  Each panel was edged with a narrow strip of silver cardstock, then adhered with foam tape.  I stamped the "I thank my lucky stars for you" sentiment from the Starry Skies set beneath the star panel in gray ink. The words were accented with a trio of silver glitter enamel dots.

Materials Used:
Starry Backdrops and Starry Skies stamp sets (Lawn Fawn); Memento Gray Flannel and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Festive Berries, Mermaid Lagoon, Carved Pumpkin, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, and Wilted Violet distress inks (Ranger); Mist cardstock (Reverse Confetti); Recollections Silver cardstock, Snow embossing powder (Michaels); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This wonderful card makes me smile! I love the fun rainbow colors! So happy you joined us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rainbow starry card :) Thank you for playing along with us in the Lawn Fawnatics challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips