Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sweets for the Sweet

With Valentine's Day coming up, I needed a few quick gifts for some special people. I thought that these little boxes that hold 3 Hershey's Nuggets would be the perfect thing, since chocolate is a hit with most people. I say most since I am not a big chocolate fan, probably due to growing up surrounded by large amounts of chocolate as a result of my mom's candy-making business. Every once in a while, I want a piece of chocolate, but after a bite or two, I've had enough--I know that sounds crazy . . .
These come together really fast when you use a jumbo wheel to wheel the images for the outside of the box and for the labels that go around the chocolates. I think the jumbo wheel is much easier to use than the regular-sized ones. When I use the regular wheels, I always seem to smudge the edge of the wheel on my cardstock and ruin whatever I'm doing, but that doesn't seem to happen with the jumbo wheels. I guess they don't "wobble" as much when you're wheeling the image.

Supplies Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Lots of Hearts Jumbo Wheel and handle, Tags So Much, Whimsical Upper and Mini Messages stamp sets; Whisper White, Real Red, and Basic Black cardstock; Real Red and Pretty in Pink Classic inks; small and regular tag punches; silver cord
Other: white organdy ribbon, Avery mailing labels (8160)

2 comments:

  1. Well hey you got a good idea here...very innovative too...and chocolates do make good gifts for Valentines Day....well hey also drop by my blog sometime and check out all the stuff that i've posted there for Valentines Day....i'm sure you'll enjoy all that's there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! Think these will be a hit...try DOVE Chocolates they are the office favorites so think your friends might think you were extra thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips