Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Happy Harmony?

I made this card for the weekly color combination challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. The challenge was to use Night of Navy, Taken with Teal or Not Quite Navy, and a neutral color to create a card. Night of Navy was a color that, until recently, I rarely reached for. Since I used it for my holiday cards in December, it has become one of my favorites. After seeing how this card turned out, I'm not sure how I feel about it paired with Not Quite Navy. . .

I used the Cuttlebug A2 script embossing folder to create the embossed background on the cardfront. Very Vanilla Craft ink was rubbed over the embossed image to highlight it. The flower stamp from Happy Harmony was inked in Not Quite Navy, then the stems and edges of the flowers were inked with Night of Navy. To soften the image, I spritzed the inked stamp with water, then stamped on the Very Vanilla cardstock. The matted image is raised on dimensionals and set over a strip of vanilla cardstock that is edged with a thin strip of scalloped Not Quite Navy cardstock (which does not really show up in the picture . . .). I had a hard time getting the strip with the sentiment to stick to the cardfront. My new Elmer's Sticky Dot Stamper seemed to help a bit--more about that another day . . .

Materials Used:
Stampin' Up: Happy Harmony stamp set; Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, and Very Vanilla cardstock; Night of Navy and Not Quite Navy Classic inks; Very Vanilla Craft ink; cream grosgrain; scallop edge scissors; white gel pen; dimensionals; mat pack and paper piercing tool
Cuttlebug A2 Script embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips