Sunday, February 25, 2007

Snowy Day Stamping

It's a snowy day here--perfect for staying in and doing some stamping in between shoveling the sidewalk and watching a little college basketball (Go Badgers!). This card is for Sunday's Featured Stamper Challenge. I had a hard time selecting a card from Beth's SCS gallery to re-work with a few alterations because there were so many I liked! Here are the details on what I changed from the original: I used Bodacious Bouquet instead of Mixed Bouquet for the main image; I used a sentiment from Mixed Greetings instead of Take Three; I used the Dotted background instead of the Paisley background on the card front; I used different ribbons; I changed the color of the eyelets from olive to red (love how easy it is to use the Crop-O-Dile to set those eyelets--still trying to get the hang of using it, though); and finally, I used iridescent ice and clear EP on the flower and leaves instead of a Sakura gel pen--same shiny, glittery effect, though. Unfortunately, I couldn't adjust the colors on my photo-editing software to get the picture to match the card too well . . .

No snow day would be complete without a picture of the snowy weather, so here's a shot of Cosmo in the backyard. He's one of the few dogs I know who's not quite sure he likes the snow. He likes routine and sameness, so the snow covering the backyard disrupts and confuses him a little. He's not the brightest dog, but he's cute enough to overlook that shortcoming . . .
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Bodacious Bouquet, Mixed Greetings and Dotted stamp sets; Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock; Certainly Celery and Basic Black Classic inks; Real Red and Old Olive Craft inks: iridescent ice and clear embossing powders; red eyelets; stampin' dimensionals; red and olive grosgrain
Other: black dotted organdy (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. woohooo! great card - CUTE dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is great! The layout, layering of stamps and color palette really works!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips