Monday, February 26, 2007

A Lot of Lattes

This card, plus a stack of stamped images, went out in today's mail to 4 people who requested Like It a Latte images on the SCS WISH RAK forum. I took the card's layout straight from the page of Like It a Latte samples in the SU! Winter Mini catalog. It is a pretty simple design, perfect to use when you'll be making the same card multiple times. I think it's a layout I'll be able to use over and over again with a variety of images.

Even though I borrowed a layout straight from the catalog, my card isn't completely identical to the one in the catalog. I didn't like the combination of papers in the catalog, so I changed that up. I really wanted to use the fun bright pink flocked paper I got on clearance at Target over the weekend, so I decided on a color combo based on that. I also added white Liquid Applique on the marshmallows for some more dimension. I love that stuff, but I always have a hard time knowing when to stop zapping it with my heat gun--though in this case, brown "toasted" marshmallows might look okay . . . To get the darker outline on the heart and mug images, I first inked the entire stamp in the lighter shade of ink (Pixie Pink for heart, Close to Cocoa for mug), then used a marker in a darker shade (Pink Passion for heart, Chocolate Chip for mug) to trace the outlined edges of the images.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Like It a Latte stamp set; Pixie Pink, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla cardstock; Pixie Pink and Close to Cocoa Classic inks; Pink Passion and Chocolate Chip markers; chocolate grosgrain ribbon; stampin' dimensionals
Other: flocked paper (Target); Liquid Applique

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips