Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Flower Fun

Today's sketch challenge on SCS was the perfect opportunity to use these cool plastic flower embellishments I got at AC Moore. I've been wanting to use them, but needed to find just the right project for them. The flowers are made by Queen & Co. and come in a bunch of bright colors. In this set, some are translucent and some are iridescent--they're really eye-catching. For this card, I layered three of the flowers and secured them with a brad, then attached them to the cardfront with stampin' dimensionals. I used the Cuttlebug Bloom Dots embossing folder to emboss the turquoise cardstock, then rubbed white craft ink over the cardstock to highlight the embossed images. The only stamping on this card ended up being the sentiment. My original idea was to use the small flower images from Little Pieces on the white panel. When I tried that, it ended up looking too busy, so I came up with an alternate plan, which was to use the friend sentiment from the Polka-dots and Posies set. Most of the sentiment is stamped on the white panel. I decided to stamp the last line of the sentiment by itself on the rounded tab, which gives a little more balance to the card and stays true to the sketch.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Polka-dots and Posies stamp set; Tempting Turquoise Classic ink; White Craft ink; Basic Black marker; Temptting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Green Galore, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; round tab punch; silver brad; stampin' dimensionals
Other: Cuttlebug Bloom Dots A2 embossing folder; flowers (Queen & Co.)

3 comments:

  1. This looks terrific...such a great interpretation of the SC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's just a terrific look and a great interpretation of that sketch. I just discovered SCS and I'm totally mesmerized. It's been fun to get back into the stamping stuff.

    Peg

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips