Sunday, May 13, 2007

Birthday Bella

Today's featured stamper on SCS was cwilliams. When I was looking through her gallery, I noticed many cards that I'd admired before. It was fun to get a chance to work with Candy's creations.

My aunt will be celebrating a birthday later this week (and I will be, too--on the same day, in fact), so this card was created with her in mind. The card is pretty close to the original card (see it here). The layout is almost exactly the same. I used a Stamping Bella image, as Candy did in the original card, and a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Paper Tray set, but I completely changed the colors of the card. The patterned paper I used is from the Basic Grey Lily Kate line. I colored the Bella with aquapainters and reinkers to match the paper. I made sure to give her slimming dark denim jeans! She has sparkly Stickles on the top of the hat and on the gift's bow. Like Candy, I did some doodling around the Bella image. I like her doodles a lot better than mine.

So, while I'm on the subject of birthdays, here's a heads-up. In honor of my birthday and reaching 15,000 hits on my blog (all in the same week, no less!), I'm planning my very first blog candy giveaway. Check back later in the week for details . . .


Materials Used (Top Card):
From Stampin' Up!: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, Close to Cocoa, and Bashful Blue Classic inks; Always Artichoke marker; Old Olive, Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, and Whisper White cardstock; dimensionals; silver cord; large oval punch; aquapainter
Other: Giftabella with Hat(Stamping Bella); Paper Tray stamp set(Papertrey Ink); Happy Birthday embossing folder (Cuttlebug); white eyelet (American Crafts); blue dotted organdy (Michaels); Lily Kate patterned paper (Basic Grey); Waterfall and Lime Green Stickles (Ranger)


4 comments:

  1. great birthday bella Lori!! Happy early Birthday as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bellas are the best. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing...great work...and thanks for sharing this..will surely be back for more such wonderful stuff...keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, pretty, pretty! I love the pp with the cuttlebug! I need to get birthday bella, one would think I'd have a "basic" one like that, but she'll be one of the last I get! What a goof I am!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips