Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Fancy Flower for the Featured Stamper Challenge

I was so excited to see ked/Kirsten chosen for this week's featured stamper on SCS (see her gallery here). She is such a talented stamper! Kirsten's blog, Confessions of a Naptime Stamper, is one of my daily stops on the web. I'm lucky enough to be in a swap group with her, so I get the chance to admire her creations in person, too. I had so much fun with this challenge--and such a hard time picking a card to work with--that I may have to give it another try tomorrow.

I picked this card from her SCS gallery to CASE. I kept the layout exactly the same, but changed the scale of the focal image and layers, the colors (patterned paper) and sentiment, as well as the details on the focal image. My focal image is a chipboard piece from a HUGE stack of Colorbok chipboard sheets I found at Michaels. The chipboard is printed on one side, but white on the back. This makes it really easy to change it up if I'm not wild about what's on the front of it. In this case, I covered the white side of the flower shape with Regal Rose craft ink, then sprinkled on some Iridescent Ice embossing powder. And this time, when I heated up, I didn't burn it for a change--yay!
I've been trying to get better at mixing and matching patterned paper. It took me a while to settle on this combination, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The wide patterned paper strip is a sheet from K & Co.'s new Girl Scout line of paper. No, I'm not a Girl Scout--the paper was just so cute! The monochromatic green paper is from a 6x6 pad by Junkitz. I punched a flower shape out of the pink and green paper and a circle from the green paper to embellish the chipboard flower. I layered them along with a clear button.
Other little details: The ribbon is from one of those wooden ribbon spools at Michaels. This one is kind of a two-toned pink and purple. I liked the brad idea I noticed a few times in last week's featured stamper's gallery, so I borrowed it for this card. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Paper Tray set--what a versatile set that is. I'm reaching for it a lot. I stamped it in a soft pink chalk ink to pick up the pinks in the paper. Now, I just need to find an envelope that will fit this big square card . . .
****Also, I'm working on a fix to the Feedblitz problems. Stay tuned for more information/directions. Thanks for your patience!!****
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Regal Rose Craft ink; Gable Green, Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock; Iridescent Ice embossing powder; silver cord; 3/4" circle punch; 1/4" circle punch; dimensionals; glue dots
Other: Paper Tray stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Versamagic Pixie Dust chalk ink (Tsukineko); chipboard flower (Colorbok Chipboard Chunk); Pink and Green Fun Circles paper (K & Co.); monochromatic green paper (Junkitz Salsa Junk Pad); flower punch (Marvy Uchida); clear button (Foo-fa-la); two-toned organdy ribbon (Michaels Ribbon Jam); pink brads (Joann)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is really pretty, Lori! Love the colors and the way you did the flower. Makes me want to go put Iridescent Ice on something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I think this is a lovely card. I really need to branch out more & start using Chipboard. I love your focal point and the colors/patterned paper are perfect together. Ida

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips