Sunday, May 20, 2007

Featured Stamper (First of Two)

Today's featured stamper on SCS is Vitality/Kyla. Her cards have such attention to detail. You can find her gallery here. There were so many cards I liked in her gallery that I had a really hard time selecting one to work with today. I actually ended up creating two different cards. I'll post one today and another later in the week.

The original version of this card has some details that really make it stand out. I kept most of those details in my version and added a few of my own. The card layout is the same, so that I could stay true to the original's details. One change was the stamp sets I used in the card. Instead of Artfully Asian, I used Sassy Stems for the focal image and the flowers from Love It for the background. So that the teal wouldn't be so dominant, I stamped off once on scrap paper before stamping on the white cardstock. The original sentiment was "thank you," so I stayed with that theme, but used a different stamp set. I also changed the card's colors. I used teal and whisper white along with black, instead of plum and vanilla. I colored the flower image with Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. There's a small dot of Dazzling Diamonds in the centers of the flowers. I ran the image through the crimper. What a cool look! I kept the brad placement and details the same. I love the idea of using a small circle (1/4") behind the brad for an extra pop of color. In addition to the details in the original card, I added a row of paper piercing along the Taken with Teal strip that frames the black section in the center of the card. I had a hard time taking a good picture of this card--I can't get the teal to look right for some reason, so unfortunately, the picture doesn't do the card justice .

Materials Used:
From Stampin Up!: Sassy Stems, Love It, and Small Script stamp sets; Taken with Teal and Basic Black classic inks; Taken with Teal, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock; crimper; large oval punch; 1/4" circle punch; 1/16" handheld punch; mat pack and paper piercing tool; dimensional; 2 way glue pen; Dazzling Diamonds
Other: Prismacolor colored pencils; odorless mineral spirits; black brads (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips