Thursday, June 21, 2007

One of a Kind!

Diane's Sunday challenge was to pick one retiring set and use just that set (no extra backgrounds or sentiments) to complete a card using the layout and colors she provided. I went with Love Ya Bunches for this card--the same set Diane used for her card.

I stamped the main image in black ink, then colored it in with markers. I haven't done that in a LONG time. Most of my coloring lately has been done with Prismacolor pencils or with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an aquapainter. I had forgotten just how vivid the marker colors are! I highlighted the center of the red flower with a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds. I stamped the sentiment from the image on Almost Amethyst cardstock and punched it out with the word window punch.

I had a hard time deciding how to use the challenge colors (Almost Amethyst, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, plus neutral) together. I ended up using a strip of dotted paper from the Palette of Prints pack in So Saffron along with some Certainly Celery for the panels on the front of the card. I made the scalloped edge here with the slit punch. I didn't do the greatest job of punching the slits straight, so don't look too close . . .

Materials Used (All from Stampin' Up!):
Love Ya Bunches stamp set; Basic Black Classic ink; Rose Red, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst, and Whisper White cardstock; So Saffron Prints Series designer paper; Rose Red, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, and So Saffron markers; spring moss grosgrain; silver brads; word window punch; Dazzling Diamonds; slit punch

3 comments:

  1. Love the card and the colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lori! I love how you colored the main image and how you popped up the sentiment on dimensionals and highlighted it with the word window punched piece.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips