Friday, June 22, 2007

Two for One

This card fits two challenges--Beate's weekly sketch challenge and one of the WISH-RAK birthday celebration challenges. I think this will make a great child's birthday card! I'm trying to squeeze in a challenge or two tonight while working on SU! convention swaps and watching the National Hockey League draft. I'm doing my own version of scouting--checking out the players who will be playing hockey at my alma mater, the University of Wisconsin, in the fall. Based on what I've seen so far, I've got a good feeling about the upcoming college hockey season--maybe I'll make a return trip to Denver in the spring for the NCAA Frozen Four . . .

Okay, back to the card . . .The card is not my usual color scheme at all, but I was drawn to the bright, colorful pattern on the striped paper. So, knowing that blue and orange are complementary colors on the color wheel (as I commented to my mom last weekend when looking at the combo of the orange-y kitchen and baby blue living areas of my parents' beach house . . .), I used blue as the base color for this card and added some orange accents.

The cupcake image was a granted wish from WISH-RAK. It's from the set Figures of Speech. I colored it with markers, then added some Liquid Applique mixed with Dazzling Diamonds for the icing on the top.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Figures of Speech and Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set; Basic Black Classic ink; Bashful Blue, Gable Green, and Pumpkin Pie markers; Bashful Blue, Gable Green, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White cardstock; 1 3/8" circle punch; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen
Other: striped paper (Scrap Pack Mini #1 from Scrapbook Wizard); white Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); blue brads (Making Memories)

4 comments:

  1. I love this card and the bright colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, it is such fun when you can combine challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and the frosting on the cupcake is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips