Thursday, June 14, 2007

Snow in June??

Okay, so, it's a little out of season . . . but it's fun anyway! Diane's Sunday challenge was to use the layout she provided along with the SU! set Snowflakes and the non-traditional snowy card colors pink and purple to create a card. Since I didn't have Snowflakes, I replaced it with The Snowflake Spot. I used this set, along with the mini catalog set Snow Flurries, to make my holiday cards last winter.

I stamped the snowflakes in two shades of pink craft ink, then sprinkled on Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heated it up for some sparkle. For even more sparkle, I used the Poppin' Acetate technique that Lauren posted on her blog using White Staz-on and pearlescent chalks on a piece of acetate/window sheet (see her tutorial here). My photo doesn't show how sparkly the single snowflake is IRL. What a fun--and quick-- technique! I added a big self-adhesive rhinestone to the center of the snowflake and popped the panel on the front of the card.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: The Snowflake Spot and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets; Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink Craft inks; Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; light pink grosgrain; Iridescent Ice embossing powder; mat pack and paper piercing tool; glue dots
Other: Snowflakes embossing folder (Cuttlebug); self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); White Staz-on; transparency sheet; Pearlescent Chalking Set (Pebbles Inc.)

4 comments:

  1. Your snowflake looks Awesome! I was surprised to see a snowflake sample! LOL! Thanks for trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this with just the shades of pink, and the snowflake spot adn snow flurries sets work just as well as snowflakes! It's fun to click on the photo to see the close-up detail of the sparkle. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink snowflakes... gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing!! Happy Stampin! -Debi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and I love the pink snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips