Sunday, August 26, 2007

Another Featured Stamper Challenge Card

Today's featured stamper on SCS, Cammie/Carolyn is another stamper with a fantastic gallery (see it here). After spending a lot of time checking out her work, I settled on using this card as the base for my own creation. I really liked how the stamped image was framed by a cut out oval and how the oval frame was layered over the image.

Because I liked the layout of the focal image so much, my card keeps the same general layout. I did add a few more layers to the design, though. Instead of using a background stamp for a pattern over the main layer on the cardfront, I used a piece of patterned paper from Basic Grey's Infuse line. The colors for the card are drawn from this paper. I added a few other details to the main panel, too. I put brads at the top of the River Rock panel and used the paper piercing tool to make small holes around the scalloped oval. I used the white gel pen to highlight the holes.

The main image is from Stem Silhouettes. I stamped the image several times and did not reink the stamp each time so there would be different intensities of color in the images. Instead of hemp twine, I tied a piece of kraft taffeta ribbon around the front panel.
I had a chance to do some stamping last night with my friend Michele. It was so much fun to just hang out, chat, and stamp (of course!). By the end of the evening, we had made two great cards. I'll share one later this week and one closer to Halloween.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Stem Silhouettes, Hugs & Wishes, and Linen stamp sets; Always Artichoke and River Rock Classic inks; Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, Purely Pomegranate, River Rock, and Very Vanilla cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; kraft taffeta ribbon
Other: patterned paper (Basic Grey's Infuse line); giga scalloped oval punch (Marvy Uchida); copper brads (Making Memories)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips