Monday, August 27, 2007

A Big Thank You

This special thank you card went out in the mail today to Gina of Gina K Designs. She recently offered a VERY generous blog candy prize and I was the very excited winner. The prize was a gift certificate to her store, Stamping Freak. It was so hard to decide what I wanted the most! I finally settled on an assortment of accessories and stamps.

One of my choices was this beautiful image of three flowers in a vase. I stamped the image in black ink on shimmery white cardstock. The image is colored using Twinkling H2Os and an aquapainter. It's so sparkly and shimmery IRL. I put small rhinestones at the centers of the flowers for even more sparkle.


The striped paper (by Crate Paper) is a pretty good match to several of SU!'s new In Colors, so I used them here, too, as accents. I'm loving that double stitched grosgrain!

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: So Many Sayings stamp set; Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, and Shimmery White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; Blue Bayou double stitched grosgrain; aquapainter; word window punch; photo corner punch; distressing tool; dimensionals
Other: three flowers in a vase stamp (Gina K Designs); Palette Noir Black ink (Stewart Superior); patterned paper (Crate Paper); Twinkling H20's; rhinestones

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win! You made a nice choice in stamps! Your card is beautiful! I can imagine how sparkly it is in real life too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love that patterned paper. TFS...{smiles} :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I bet it was fun & hard deciding on what to get. I love that flower image. You did a nice job with your card, very pretty colors. Ida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you,have fun with your winnings! That is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips