Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Still Trying . . .

I'm still trying to learn to like this Boho West style. So, for today's SCS sketch challenge, I pulled out my Wanted stamp set and Outlaw designer paper. You can see the result below.

I used two different patterns from the paper pack. For some reason this set and the colors of the papers make me think of copper color tones, so I used lots of copper on the card as accents. The medallion image, the sentiment, and the star-like image are all embossed with the now-retired copper embossing powder. I also noticed that the colors in the paper coordinated well with one of last year's In Colors, True Thyme, so I used some of that retired color here as well.

I punched out the medallion image and layered it on a scalloped circle punched out of brushed copper paper, then layered on a Chocolate Chip scalloped circle--it's hard to tell that the bottom circle is scalloped, but it really is. Still not sure I get this style . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Wanted and Happy Everything stamp sets; Versamark; Kraft, Chocolate Chip, True Thyme, and Brushed Copper cardstock; Outlaw designer paper; Classy Copper embossing powder (retired); copper cord (retired); scalloped circle punch; 1 3/8" circle punch; 3/4" circle punch; large oval punch; dimensionals
Other: vintage copper brads (Making Memories); super jumbo circle punch (Marvy Uchida); brown twill (Joann)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips