Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Finally, I Got It

Priceless was one of the stamp sets that I came home from the SU! convention wanting. So, I ordered it. The set arrived and it sat, and sat, and sat. I had seen so much I liked using it, but just couldn't figure out how to use it myself. Finally, this week I sat down, determined to come up with something I liked using this set. And, I've been successful (at least I think so!).

This card was created for today's SCS sketch challenge. In some ways, it is similar to one of the cards I've been working on to bring for swapping at the upcoming SU! Philadelphia regional seminar. Same color, totally different layouts and embellishments. I'll share that card next week after I attend the seminar.

I've really been liking working with kraft paper lately, so that's the card base here. The butterfly is stamped in Rose Red ink on the white layer. I stamped it again on vellum, then cut it out and attached it over the butterfly with the vellum wings slightly bent, like the butterfly is in motion. I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the wings, too, using a Quickie Glue Pen. This fine-tipped glue pen is great for putting glue in exactly the right place. The smaller swirl image is stamped in Soft Sky ink, then highlighted with some Stickles for sparkle. The white panel is layered on a Soft Sky panel, then attached to a Blue Bayou panel with distressed edges using dimensionals.

I used some velvet rick rack from one of Jody's recent ribbon shares across the front of the card. This rick rack is a pretty good match for SU!'s Soft Sky color. The sentiment is stamped in Rose Red and punched out with the large oval punch. I cut a slightly larger oval from Blue Bayou cardstock to use as a mat. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm finding that I need a larger oval punch than the one available in the catalog. Lots of sentiments just fit in the large oval and it would be great to have one that's just a tiny bit larger to use as a frame.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Priceless stamp set; Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Rose Red Classic inks; White Craft ink; Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, and Kraft cardstock; white vellum; Rose Red Prints Series designer paper; large oval punch; Dazzling Diamonds; dimensionals; distressing tool
Other: velvet rick rack (May Arts); Stardust Stickles (Ranger)

5 comments:

  1. Thats a must have stamp set !
    Love your card..
    Nice choice of PP..love the butterfly !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling! LOVE the colors with the kraft and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeautiful card,love that stamp set,i'm going to have to get it...it's a must have!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is gorgeous!! I LOOOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! That set is on my list waiting for my next order.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips