Sunday, September 2, 2007

One I Like, One I'm Not Sure Of

Today's featured stamper on SCS, Heather/inglishrea is a visitor to Inking Aloud, so I knew I wanted to give this challenge a try today. You can see her SCS gallery here and her blog here. As usual, I had a hard time picking a card to use for the challenge. I ended up doing two today, one I like and one I'm still not sure about.

Here's the one I'm not sure about. It came out really bright and busy. It's based on a card Heather made with Fabulous Flowers (see it here). She stamped the set's large flower image multiple times and cut it out to form layers so it was dimensional on the card front. I cheated here--my flower's made with pieces from the retired Friends and Flowers Simply Scrappin' Kit. I layered a bunch of the different sized pieces to come up with the focal point for this card.

The patterned paper and all of the other cardstock used on this card also came from the kit. The ribbon, brads, and sentiment were the only add-ons outside of the kit. In addition to changing the stamps used, I also switched the orientation of the card's layout from horizontal to vertical.

Here's the card I do like. You can see Heather's version of this card here. I used an entirely different color scheme and stamp set on my card and kept the layout pretty much the same. This is actually my first attempt with the new Love & Joy set from the Holiday Mini Catalog.

I used some patterned paper from Memory Box's Winter Wonderland collection on the cardfront. The accent piece is from the DCWV's Nana's Kids pad and the little dots on it are slightly embossed.

I stamped the word "joy" in Night of Navy ink, then added a silver embossed piece from the set to the inside of the "o" in the word. I added silver ribbon to go with the brushed silver I used as a mat.

Materials Used (Flower Card):
From Stampin' Up!: Warm Words stamp set; Chocolate Chip Classic ink; Friends & Flowers Simply Scrappin' Kit; dimensionals; word window punch; Certainly Celery grosgrain
Other: orange brads (Making Memories)

Materials Used (Joy Card):
From Stampin' Up!: Love & Joy stamp set; Night of Navy and Bashful Blue Classic inks; Versamark; Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Brushed Silver, and Whisper White cardstock; slit punch; silver embossing powder; silver brads; dimensional; 3/4" circle punch
Other: patterned paper (Memory Box's Winter Wonderland Collection and DCWV's Nana's Kids); ribbon (American Crafts)

3 comments:

  1. Lori, oh my gosh, the card you're unsure about is INCREDIBLE! I love how fun and funky it is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these cards, but I do have to say that I do fancy the Joy card a bit more...something about that one I am drawn to. Great job :D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I like BOTH cards!!! I wish I could be creative with the scrappin' kits like you are. Instead they sit in a drawer! LOL

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips