Saturday, September 1, 2007

Boho West and a Bandanna, Too

Here's another attempt at the Boho West style, this time using Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I used warm, fall-like colors here in addition to SU!'s Outlaw designer paper. The main image is a faux metal piece that I made by stamping the large circle image from In the Spotlight into several layers of still-warm Classy Copper embossing powder. If you try this, be sure to cover the stamp with Versamark first so that the embossing powder doesn't stick to your stamp.

The card front uses a piece of textured paper with sewing machine stitching around the edges. I definitely need more practice with even this little, tiny machine! The textured paper is from Target--on clearance in the scrapbooking aisle for less than $3 per package of over 50 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" pieces. The brand says "Pressed Petals," but I think it is actually the exact same thing as DCWV paper.

I had to stop in the middle of making this card to avert a potential crisis. I was watching the University of Wisconsin football game and the Badgers were losing. Being the superstitious person that I am, I realized that I had forgotten to put Cosmo's football season bandanna on. He has a few special University of Wisconsin bandannas that he wears on a rotating basis during the college football, hockey, and basketball seasons (with short breaks for other holidays--wait until you see his Halloween costume!).

I had to do a little searching to find the bandanna, but as soon as I found it and put it on Cosmo, things started to turn around and they're now leading at halftime. Go Badgers! Since the bandanna thing is kinda appropriate to go along with a Boho West themed card, here's a picture I took of Cosmo all decked out.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: In the Spotlight and Fundamental Phrases stamp sets; Chocolate Chip Classic ink; Versamark; Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, and Really Rust cardstock; Outlaw designer paper; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; dimensionals
Other: super jumbo, mega circle, and giga scalloped circle punches (Marvy Uchida); rust textured paper (Pressed Petals Earth Tones Mat Stack); brown stitched organdy (Michaels); copper brads (Making Memories); sewing machine

11 comments:

  1. Lori, your card is simply amazing! I LOVE everything about it.
    Thanks so much for trying out the sketch.
    Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori! WOW! I love how you embossed the stamp!!! That is truly gorgeous! LOL @ being superstitious...I am too! I always wear a Jeff Gordon shirt on Race Day and an Oilers Jersey on Hockey nights! Your dog looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card and adorable pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!! Love what you did with Beate's sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Lori! Your faux metal emblem looks awesome on here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the faux metal!!! TFS {smiles} :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! The faux metal works so well with this stamp set! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card but I just have to say GO BADGERS!!
    I am a Badger in the middle of Florida Gator country!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips