Monday, March 10, 2008

Elzybells Hello

When I got home from work, I found an envelope full of these adorable Elzybells chick images from an SCS WISH-RAK member waiting for me in my mailbox. I don't have any of the Elzybells spring releases yet--I'm waiting for them to arrive at my local stamp store--so I was thrilled to have a few to play with. I knew the image would be a perfect fit for this week's Technostamper sketch challenge. This is a great layout for some of those smaller images that can be so tricky to work with--I know I'll pull this one out again.

I cut out the image panel with a rectangle Nestabilities die, then used Copic markers to color the image in some spring-like colors. I added just a little bit of clear Stardust glitter to the flower and bee--hard to see in the photo, unfortunately. I used more Nestabilities dies to cut out coordinating mats for the image.

I paired the image with a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Mixed Messages stamp set. The tiny sentiment fits perfectly inside one of the small oval Nestabilities dies. I embellished the sentiment with a small rhinestone flower.

Then, I set off to find a pair of patterned papers that would coordinate with each other and with the colored image. I think that worked out okay. I used a piece of dotted paper from SU!'s Spring Fling paper package along with a piece of striped paper from a K & Company box set of assorted patterned papers. This color combination is a little different than what I'd usually pair together, but I like the spring feel they create. The band of solid paper that divides the two patterns has a (somewhat straight) zig zag stitch down the center for a little interest. Just a little machine (or faux) stitching adds so much to a card, doesn't it?

Materials Used:
daffodil chick image (Elzybells); Mixed Messages stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, and Certainly Celery cardstock, Spring Fling designer paper, rose grosgrain, glue dot, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rhinestone flower (Joann); oval, rectangle, and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); patterned paper (K & Company Pretty in Pink Designer Paper box); markers (Copic Ciao); sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. Oh Lori! I LOVE these little chicks. I only have ONE and I haven't seen them anywhere around my area. You are so lucky you have a LSS that sells them ;)
    Your card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! The colors are fantastic! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooo cute! Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Pastels..
    I love the dotted paper!
    The little chick is sweet...
    Adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! the chick is adorable! I'm with you on the faux stitching....I'm totally addicted to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaaaw! this is sooooooo cute!! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness he is the cutest thing ever! I love all the detail on this. great card, and I agree any stitching adds so much to a card. Love it. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips