Sunday, March 9, 2008

Just Under the Wire . . .

I made this elegant rose card for Julee's Mojo Monday sketch. Yes, it's now Sunday night, but she hasn't shared next week's sketch just yet, so I don't think it's too late to give it a try, even though I missed the deadline for her contest.

I used the Hearts & Roses stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The rose is stamped in Real Red and Purely Pomegranate ink. The dark pomegranate shade really adds depth to the image. I stamped the image and the sentiment on shimmery white cardstock for some sparkle. The black and pomegranate I used for the rest of the cardfront really look great together.

The sentiment is actually part of a longer phrase from the Hearts & Roses set. I ended up omitting the "you're" here for space reasons. With the different layers on the cardfront, I kind of had to squish things down to fit the idea of the sketch.

To match the shimmery paper, I added some other shimmery details. I used a row of pearly white Dew Drops across the front as an embellishment. I also rubbed some shimmery white pigment ink on the raised portions of the embossed script on the cardfront.

Materials Used:
Hearts & Roses stamp set, Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Real Red, Purely Pomegranate, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive Classic inks, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Graphite Black and Moonlight White pigment inks (Brilliance); script embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

6 comments:

  1. I ordered this stamp set when it came out a few weeks ago and have not broken it out yet. Now that I see you lovely card, I am less intimidated by the multi step stamping. Maybe I'll have a chance to pull them out today :o)

    Your card is so pretty and I love the gentle bling you added. So feminine without be "girly" :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the layout of it and the script embossing on that paper. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love those Dew Drops!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips