Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Soft Sky Silhouette

This is probably my favorite of the large floral silhouette images from Starving Artistamps. It looks so elegant. That's why I paired it with the colors for today's SCS color challenge. Soft Sky, Basic Gray and Whisper White are so pretty and elegant when paired together.

Here, I heat embossed the floral silhouette image by inking the stamp first with Versamark, then Basic Gray ink. I covered the stamped image in clear embossing powder, then heated it. After it cooled, I sponged some Soft Sky ink around the image, then rubbed the edges of the Soft Sky paper along my white craft ink pad to soften the color even more and make the embossed image stand out a little more. I embellished the image with a photo corner and a few silvery gray Dew Drops.

For the large gray panel, I covered my Cuttlebug script embossing folder in white craft ink, then embossed the gray cardstock. The ink covered the flat area, leaving the raised areas darker to emphasize them. I tied a piece of gray taffeta ribbon around the panel, then attached the stamped image. So pretty!

Materials Used:
large floral silhouette image, FS-5 (Starving Artistamps); Soft Sky and Basic Gray Classic inks, White Craft ink, Versamark, Soft Sky, Basic Gray, and Whisper White cardstock, gray taffeta ribbon, photo corner punch, dimensionals, sponge (Stampin' Up!); script embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

3 comments:

  1. So pretty, Lori! I agree, that image is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, Lori!!! Gorgeous colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips